Saturday, October 23, 2010

Redo of bamboo strut

One of my bamboo strut was cracked so i decided to redo it.On Friday,i reached dome site at about 5.30pm and i can c many new bamboo struts was there waiting for me....


These were the struts that need to redo:


I tried to use one polypipe to measure which bamboo was suitable so that the polypipe can fit in the bamboo strut.


Choose one the the bamboo strut:




I started to cut down the bamboo strut using saw after measure the length(2.287m)


Due to my performance practise,i need to leave earlier.So,i decided to do it on tomorrow.


On the next morning,i was responsible to clean up the studio.




Cleaning and throwing rubbish.


Others was helping in arranged the table and put it on aside so that there are empty space in the middle of studio.




Tables after arranged:


Then,we arranged the black boxes:


I arranged it to aside


Arrangement of the dome.I found my dome which i hold it on my right hand.


Next was the arrangement of dymaxion.We put it in a row.


After cleaning and arranging the studio,now it's the bamboo time again!


Continue cutting the bamboo strut:



The length of one of my bamboo strut was longer.So,i thinning the surface of strut beside the polypipe so that the polypipe can be push further inside:


Trying to fit in the polypipe into bamboo strut:


Measure again the length of the strut to make sure that it was correct:


Thanks to my friends that helping me a lot:)Without them,i cant complete it nicely.




Screwing time!


The strut was screwed between the joint of polypipe and bamboo so that it become tighter.It can prevent the polypipe from lose up from bamboo easily can dome assembly.


No comments:

Post a Comment