Thursday, July 29, 2010

My 101 Mask

The assignment is about produce 2 papier mache masks which i never heard before.However,i'm quite proud of myself because i done my mask start from zero.

I got the idea by asking my friends and search from Internet.These was the materials i bought and prepared.

First mask:My own full face+same skin colour

The materials included basin,poster colours,marker pen,newspaper,A4 paper,toilet roll,brush,cellophane tape,PVA glue,water and plastic paper.





The very first step to create the mask is tear off the newspaper into pieces so that i can paste it on my face.





Secondly,pour the PVA glue into a basin that are filled with a quarter of water.The PVA glue and water are mixed together.I stop adding the PVA glue when i feel the mixture is sticky enough.







I made holes on plastic paper so that i can see and breath when i stick the newspaper pieces on my face.






Then,i start to put the plastic paper on my face to be the base.I stick the plastic tightly on my face using cellophane tape so that it fit to my face.



I put the newspaper pieces into the mixture and start to put the newspaper pieces on my face one by one.I paste 3 layers of the newspaper on my face using brush so that the mask can become more rigid and in solid form after it dry.




I dry the newspaper on my face by using hair dryer because the weather on that day is quite humidity after raining.Then,i take off the mask.


I stick some white paper on the mask so that the colour of my face can easily been seen.





I left it to dry overnight.I paint my skin colour using poster colour.




Then,i help my mask to make up and here is the product!



Second mask:Face with emotion+black and white



The steps involves are same as the first mask but for this second mask i tear the toilet paper roll and stick to the mask so that i can get white colour mask.I cut the shape of the eyes and mouth using scissors.


Besides,i put thick toilet paper on certain area so that i can get 2-D shape and have some wrinkle effect because my intention is to have a old people face mask with sad emotion.





Here is the final step!I paint some pattern on the mask using black poster colour and here is it!



Finally,i have done the 2 masks!
Here is my final products!



Wearing the masks


No comments:

Post a Comment